wxatGP500 wxatGP500.co.uk
Foro de la web wxatGP500 dedicada al mejor simulador de motociclismo de todos los tiempos.

F.A.Q.F.A.Q.   BuscarBuscar   Lista de MiembrosLista de Miembros   Grupos de UsuariosGrupos de Usuarios   RegístreseRegístrese 
 PerfilPerfil   Conéctese para revisar sus mensajesConéctese para revisar sus mensajes   ConectarseConectarse 

Menu bug
Ir a página 1, 2, 3  Siguiente

Publicar Nuevo Tema   Responder al Tema    Índice del Foro wxatGP500.co.uk -> Soporte técnico
Ver tema anterior :: Ver siguiente tema  
Autor Mensaje
loft1

MensajePublicado: Mar Nov 18, 2014 1:11 pm    Título del mensaje: Menu bug Responder citando

Hi guys, recently i decided to reinstall gp 500 on the new pc, with os Windows 7 64 bit. Since i have installed it i have this annoying bug in the main menu, which also doesn't allow me to read some options of the game. I really don't know how to solve it, i tried to reinstall the game again and again, but nothing. I always run the gp500.exe file as administrator and i have set it in windows 98 compatibility. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance

Here it is the link of the video i made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoatRzWQk8E
Ver perfil del usuario Enviar mensaje privado
fumioli

MensajePublicado: Mar Nov 18, 2014 7:05 pm    Título del mensaje: Responder citando

I guess you used the executable version for xp instead W98 executable which does not work if you apply compatibility with W98?
Ver perfil del usuario Enviar mensaje privado Enviar correo
fumioli

MensajePublicado: Mar Nov 18, 2014 7:08 pm    Título del mensaje: Responder citando

Try it with one of these two executables and comments.

http://wxatgp500.co.uk/Wxatfiles/ParMis/Parches/0000138/0000138.htm
Ver perfil del usuario Enviar mensaje privado Enviar correo
loft1

MensajePublicado: Mar Nov 18, 2014 7:12 pm    Título del mensaje: Responder citando

fumioli escribió:
I guess you used the executable version for xp instead W98 executable which does not work if you apply compatibility with W98?

Actually i'm using the normal version of GP500, not the xp one.. the fact is that i tried every kind of executable and the issue remains
loft1

MensajePublicado: Mar Nov 18, 2014 7:21 pm    Título del mensaje: Responder citando

Thanks for the help fumioli, i tried both the versions, the pepete one works but shows always the bug in the menu, the second one doesn't start, it appears an error which says: Failed to Startup 3D Device. You may need to update your 3d hardware drivers. Fatal Errore,Exiting GP500[/list]
wxat
Site Admin

MensajePublicado: Mar Nov 18, 2014 7:42 pm    Título del mensaje: Responder citando

This seems uncompatibility trouble. You said compatibility with Win98 is activated then only I can think is you didn't it from administrator profile. I'm not sure but think if changes aren't did from that profile, don't be useful.

loft1 escribió:
Thanks for the help fumioli, i tried both the versions, the pepete one works but shows always the bug in the menu, the second one doesn't start, it appears an error which says: Failed to Startup 3D Device. You may need to update your 3d hardware drivers. Fatal Errore,Exiting GP500[/list]

I will try again and again. That error sometimes happen without reason, I saw it window at same time GP was starting!

Saludos.
La medida de las firmas se limita a imágenes de una resolución máxima de 800x150p y nunca con un peso superior a 1024Kb. Si además se desea usar texto, por cada linea se restarán 15p de alto de la imagen.
Ver perfil del usuario Enviar mensaje privado Enviar correo MSN Messenger
loft1

MensajePublicado: Mar Nov 18, 2014 9:36 pm    Título del mensaje: Responder citando

wxat escribió:
This seems uncompatibility trouble. You said compatibility with Win98 is activated then only I can think is you didn't it from administrator profile. I'm not sure but think if changes aren't did from that profile, don't be useful.

loft1 escribió:

I will try again and again. That error sometimes happen without reason, I saw it window at same time GP was starting!

Saludos.

Hi Wxat, well, i tried to move the GP500 folder into c: Programs (instead of c. programs x86) and now even the venturi version of the .exe works, but always with the issue in the menu. And it's weird because if i apply the windows 98 compatibility and i run it as administrator, the exe always report me the error above Crying or Very sad

EDIT: I solved the error, moving in another folder the file gp_globals.dat, but the bug still remains..what else can i do?
wxat
Site Admin

MensajePublicado: Mie Nov 19, 2014 2:17 am    Título del mensaje: Responder citando

I don't know what more you can try. Let's go to begin: what gp version are you using? Is it from original CD (could be damaged)? Is it from and old download? May be you can try uninstall all and just try with Light version, only need paste it in any folder, set compatibility with Win98 in exe and then must be runs right.

Saludos.
La medida de las firmas se limita a imágenes de una resolución máxima de 800x150p y nunca con un peso superior a 1024Kb. Si además se desea usar texto, por cada linea se restarán 15p de alto de la imagen.
loft1

MensajePublicado: Mie Nov 19, 2014 10:27 am    Título del mensaje: Responder citando

I wanted to buy the original CD, but unfortunately is unfindable..so i had to download the simulator, and i have tried the following versions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es4QoSikHq8

http://ctc08-09.webnode.cz/products/gp500-holy-zaklad-/

http://wxatgp500.co.uk/Wxatfiles/ParMis/Parches/0001314/0001314.html

http://wxatgp500.co.uk/Wxatfiles/General/0001589/0001589.html

Anyway, i tried the actual version of Gp500 (the Lite one) on another pc (with Intel Graphics 3000) and it runs perfectly, so i guess it's an issue caused by my GPU (Intel Graphics 4600 or AMD Radeon 8970m)
wxat
Site Admin

MensajePublicado: Mie Nov 19, 2014 8:21 pm    Título del mensaje: Responder citando

Yes, gp500 was released in 1999, it's near to impossible find an original CD. I don't know how runs files not downloaded from here, they can be damaged, infected, unfull or... can be right, but I don't know. I only can be sure about we're distributing.

GP500 Light is as an original installation but with .dkz files compressed (original ones aren't compressed), tracks with textures upgraded and with official Microprose patch added. It must be run right but if it isn't, the problem is not in GP500, is in his relation with OS (compatibility, etc). You can paste it in anyway, in any hd, in any partition, it must be run well. You can paste it in three or four places and have three or four installations if you want. I've got 7 championship MODS (all my championship MODS are based in Light version) installed (also my original installation in C/ProgramFiles) and all of them runs well separately.

Saludos.
loft1

MensajePublicado: Mie Nov 19, 2014 8:40 pm    Título del mensaje: Responder citando

wxat escribió:
Yes, gp500 was released in 1999, it's near to impossible find an original CD. I don't know how runs files not downloaded from here, they can be damaged, infected, unfull or... can be right, but I don't know. I only can be sure about we're distributing.

GP500 Light is as an original installation but with .dkz files compressed (original ones aren't compressed), tracks with textures upgraded and with official Microprose patch added. It must be run right but if it isn't, the problem is not in GP500, is in his relation with OS (compatibility, etc). You can paste it in anyway, in any hd, in any partition, it must be run well. You can paste it in three or four places and have three or four installations if you want. I've got 7 championship MODS (all my championship MODS are based in Light version) installed (also my original installation in C/ProgramFiles) and all of them runs well separately.

Saludos.

Well, i was thinking, it's a font problem in the menu of the game, so, how can i bypass it? There are few mods which doesn't present this error, such as the 2000 one, is it possible to use the same interface of that mod for all the other ones?
wxat
Site Admin

MensajePublicado: Mie Nov 19, 2014 8:49 pm    Título del mensaje: Responder citando

It's impossible a trouble with fonts in GP500 Light. Only is possible if you added any BKS, then problem is from BKS, not from installation.

Saludos.
loft1

MensajePublicado: Jue Nov 20, 2014 1:16 pm    Título del mensaje: Responder citando

wxat escribió:
It's impossible a trouble with fonts in GP500 Light. Only is possible if you added any BKS, then problem is from BKS, not from installation.

Saludos.

It seems more a problem connected to the installation of the game, not due to bikesets, what else can i do? I don't really understand why for some mods there isn't any bug, while in others the game doesn't work as it should..
wxat
Site Admin

MensajePublicado: Jue Nov 20, 2014 6:14 pm    Título del mensaje: Responder citando

I can't understand you, don't know what about you're talking...

I repeat: I only can give you warranty must run right material from this website. Right? I remmind you use GP500Light because it's the more seemed as an original installation and don't need anymore for runs well, just compatibility and in some cases administration permission or seemed. Right? It must be runs fine, it haven't any bug.

Now, I don't know what are you talking about other MODs, I only remminded this, don't know what more are you using.

If you're adding any BKS and that BKS don't runs fine, trouble is with that BKS (and we must know what BKS is for try to help you) not with GP500 installation.

You have to say us what are you using for know where can be an issue, because just with Light must works fine, otherwise we are talking about OS questions.

Saludos.
ARG Porto

MensajePublicado: Jue Nov 20, 2014 7:26 pm    Título del mensaje: Responder citando

Por lo que se ve en el video el problema es en la fuente donde dice Salir

en el UI_EnglishControls podemos ver en el apartado MAIN MENU que el estilo de la fuente es 12pPitboard_C

http://www.mediafire.com/view/dbmbxq1xxg32oel/20-11-2014%2012-41-35%20p.m..jpg#

al principio del texto UI_EnglishControls podemos ver que el 12pPitboard_C la fuente es el GP-500 Font Hout

http://www.mediafire.com/view/71uy9smobp46ks3/20-11-2014%2012-43-29%20p.m..jpg

en el UI_EnglishControls una regla que usa el GP-500 como si fuera un link es el simbolo & antes de una palabra.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/nkhkjjh6j3vvlk2/20-11-2014%2001-31-09%20p.m..jpg#

En el GPEnglishStrings apartado menú usa el simbolo & antes de la palabra EXIT

http://www.mediafire.com/view/s2kv3w6szzq9y3m/20-11-2014%2012-50-25%20p.m..jpg#

El problema imagino es que el GP-500 no encuentra el simbolo & y usa las coordenadas de perdido en Font Hout.txt

missing 134 243 150 221

Algunos bikesets usan una fuente invisible como Font Hout puede ser que el problema esté por ahí.

Lo más importante es saber si el GP500 Light sin agregar ningún bikeset tiene el mismo problema.

Saludos.
Ver perfil del usuario Enviar mensaje privado MSN Messenger
Mostrar mensajes anteriores:   
Publicar Nuevo Tema   Responder al Tema    Índice del Foro wxatGP500.co.uk -> Soporte técnico Todas las horas están en GMT + 1 Hora
Ir a página 1, 2, 3  Siguiente
Página 1 de 3

Saltar a: